Faith Based Non Profit Material
On March 9, 1996, Dr. Jones, attended a funding connection workshop where renowned pastors and leaders from across the New York/New Jersey Tri-state area sought funding for their outreach programs. Afterwards, Dr. Jones submitted a proposal on behalf of her parents’ small black store-front church in Cleveland, OH to the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's Community Development Block Grant (CDB) program.
Dr. Jones grant proposal was denied funding because the proposal was not accompanied with an Internal Revenue Service 501c3 letter of determination separate from the house of worship. Seeing this great lack of access to needed funding for our churches outreach programs, Dr. Jones wrote the Internal Revenue Service and asked them to personally train her on the 501c3 tax exemption process in which she was assigned an IRS 501c3 Tax Exempt Agent as her personal mentor and coach.
Dr. Jones unique style encourages Small Business Owners, Faith-based and Entrepreneurs on how to transform their communities socially and economically. Dr. Jones has conducted workshops on various multimedia levels that include the federal, state, city, churches as well as National Holy Convocations and Mega Conferences. Dr. Roberta Jones, Inc. has partnered with over 10,000 Faith-based leaders that reaches over 1.5 million members.
Dr. Roberta Jones is a Religious Community Liaison with the White House Faith-based and Community Initiative, The Department of Labor, The U.S. Department of Internal Revenue Service, The U.S. Department of Health and Human Resources, The U.S. Small Business Administration, The Church of God in Christ, The Full Gospel Baptist International Fellowship, The Pentecostal Assemblies of the World (PAW), The Baptist, Word of Faith and Pentecostals and many life changing charismatic ministries.
• March 9, 1996, Elder Roberta Jones founded Life Alternative Inc. as a not-for-profit organization to provide technical assistance to faith-based leaders in the Internal Revenue Service 1023 Application for Exemption from Income Tax.
• June 7, 1997, Elder Roberta Jones held her first “IRS 501c3 Seminar”, Keynote Speaker Internal Revenue Agent, Irma Rosario, Rutgers State University, NJ
• November 8, 1998, Elder Roberta Jones presents Housing and Urban Development workshop, Keynote Speaker, Director Regina Solomon-Bartley, Detroit, MI
• On May 21, 2000, Elder Roberta Jones received an Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters from the Detroit Extension of Faith Baptist College and Seminary for her creation of IRS 501c3 models for Faith-based Leaders.
• September 3, 2002, Dr. Jones joins Robert Polito, Director of Health and Human Services Center for Faith-Based and Community Initiatives in an Associated Press Interview on the “Bush Administration Boosting Religious Groups.”
• October 4, 2002, Dr. Roberta Jones partners with the U.S. Department of Labor Office of the Secretary, Center for Faith-based and Community Initiatives One Stop Career Centers and Workforce Investment System.
• November 7, 2002, Dr. Jones presents with the Department of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service at the National Holy Convocation of the 8-million-member Church of God in Christ.
• June 10, 2010, Dr. Roberta Jones partners with Judy R. Weaver, MPA, Center for Faith-based & Neighborhood Partnerships, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, CHIP Outreach and Enrollment Faith-based Campaign & Round Table Collaborative.
• April 25, 2001, Dr. Jones is nominated for the first-ever House-Senate Majority Faith-based Summit as a plenary Speaker before Congress.
• May 1, 2001, Congressman J.C. Watts nominated Dr. Roberta Jones as a Religious Community Liaison for the first-ever Congressional/White House Faith-Based and Community Initiative H.R. 7 Bill.
• January 10, 2006, Dr. Roberta Jones Inc became certified in the SBA 8a Small Business Development Program as a government contractor.
• August 8, 2008, Dr. Jones is Keynote Presenter, Show Me the Money---Monies for your 501c3 and CDCs at the Holy Convocation of the 1.5 million-member Pentecostal Assemblies of the World Church (PAW) organization
• November 3, 2013, Dr. Jones’ was awarded an opportunity with Toonz Media Group, a leading 3d Animation Developer whose clients are Pixar, Disney and Nelson House Publishing to develop her Kingdom in the Marketplace word in animation series.
• June 10, 2017, Dr. Jones was certified by the U.S. Department of Transportation as a Certified Disadvantaged Business
• December 18, 2018, Dr. Jones released her Kingdom in the Marketplace, the Entrepreneurs Business Model Training Series.
• January 15, 2022, Dr. Jones launched TEN, The Entrepreneurs Network.